Pilchard is a good source of omega 3 and calcium. Omega 3 has anti-inflammatory properties, and calcium is important for your bones and teeth health.
I made this recipe and it was really yummy. If you feel for fish, this economical meal would be one of the best options!
P.S Pilchard is high in Purine, therefore should be avoided if you suffer from gout. 🙂
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves or 1 tea spoon of crushed garlic
3 medium tomatoes, diced
2 table spoons of fruit chutney
1 tea spoon of curry powder
1 tin of pilchard in Tomato sauce, slightly mashed with a fork
1 packet of tomato paste
2 cups of mix vegetables
100 ml water
salt and pepper for taste
- Fry the onion in little oil until golden brown in a sauce pan.
- Add the garlic, chilli, mix well and add tomato
- Cook until tomato is soft and add chutney and curry powder
- Add pilchard, tomato paste and mix vegetables, stir well
- Add water, mix well and simmer for about 10 – 15 minutes, stir occasionally
- Add salt and pepper for taste
Xoxo Love Tammy