DNAlysis, DNAfit, DNA Diet
Why test your DNA?
We can’t control our genes themselves, but we CAN control the outcome!
DNA Testing is an individual approach in order to improve weight loss and improve your health.
Genetic expression is strongly shaped by our environment, over which we DO have some power. If we know about our genetic defects, we can adjust our lifestyle, therefore we can prevent disease in the long term and also become aware of your potential disease risks.
The DNA Health test is designed to optimise well-being and health by personalising lifestyle and diet choices and, where necessary, using supplements tailored to offset any particular nutritional deficit based on specific gene variants.
DNA Health tests for 36 gene variants involved in the following biological processes that have been linked to risk for diseases of lifestyle:
- Cholesterol metabolism and risk for heart disease
- Bone Health & risk for osteoporosis
- Vitamin B Metabolism and risk for cancer
- Inflammation and oxidative stress
- Risk for diabetes
- Food Responsiveness, including Lactose intolerance, Caffeine processing, Salt sensitivity and blood pressure & Iron overload disorders
When we get the results, we will be able to offer nutritional guidance on how to prevent or manage these conditions.
DNA Diet is designed to assist the healthcare practitioner in the design of a personalised healthy eating plan based on individual genetic differences. DNA Diet also provides additional insight into how each individual reacts to carbohydrates, saturated fats and unsaturated fats.
What we test for:
- variations linked to overweight and obesity
- ability to lose or gain weight easily
- responsiveness to exercise
- factors affecting fat metabolism
We are then able to determine if you are more suited to a low carbohydrate diet, or a low fat diet, or a Mediterranean diet. We can optimise your diet for better weight-loss results.
It examines various biological areas that impact training responsiveness and sporting performance. These include soft tissue re-modelling, inflammation, blood flow and respiration, energy production and fuel metabolism.
Athletic success results firstly from personalising a training strategy that optimises your genetic potential, and secondly choosing the right lifestyle, nutrition and environmental interactions to optimally express your inherited genes.
DNA Sport reports on the following areas:
- structural integrity of soft tissues
- inflammation & oxidative stress
- blood flow & respiration
- energy during exercise
- fuel during exercise
- caffeine metabolism
- muscle and bone composition
- aerobic capacity
- power/strength potential
- DNAlysis Diet R1890
- DNAlysis Health R3950
- Oestrogen test R2480
- Combination of DNA Diet and DNA Health R4420